Eric King Cre8 Walker, a multi talented artist of Los Angeles is emerging as a force to be reckoned within the art world. The Power, beauty and intensity encapsulated within his works, mirrors the accomplishments of his artistic journey. As a Graffiti Artist, muralist, illustrator, graphic designer and art instructor from South Central, Los Angeles who is heavily influenced by all elements of Hip Hop,
King Cre8 is best known for his ability to produce original characters. An accomplished artist, King Cre8 has exhibited his painted in many prominent galleries and museum exhibitions. As a commercial artist, he has worked for clients including General Motors,, Mars candy and Dodge. King Cre8 canvases and murals have appeared in music videos for Mya and Guniwine and films such as Friday after next and Anchorman. King Cre8 has given presentations and discussions on graffiti art at many school and universities over the course of his career. The subjects depicted within his art are carefully chosen to capture the creativity from within and beyond. With each passing moment, a new page in our history is being made; therefore his diversity embraces many styles for almost anyone. Eric “King Cre8” walker is truly forces to be reckoned with.
Juried Group Exhibitions
- Urban Hieroglyphics 4 (an International African Diaspora Spray Can Art showcase). Co-Founder. Feb. 2012.
- CASA 0101 Gallery, Los Angeles, CA. Curated by Liliflor and Art Historian Lisbeth Espinosa. Dec.23, 2011.
- AeroSoul: Urban Hieroglyphics (an International African Diaspora Spray Can Art showcase). Feb. 2011
- CHALK Gallery presents Escape campervan artists.
- KGB Gallery presents “ROCKIN”.
- Crewest art gallery “The Legendary Belmont Tunnell” art tribute.
- Venice Art Walls benefit art auction
- Bo Bridges Gallery “Surfside Artillery”
- Venice Art Walls benefit art auction
- Crewest Art Gallery “Top Of The Dome”.
- Nomad Gallery “Body Language” Art exhibit, and live body painting.
- Verona presents works by “DBRLA collective” one of a kind, hand painted accessories.
- KGB Gallery “Movement” Hip Hop in L.A. – 1980s to Now.
- SPF architectural firm.
- Rock Rose Gallery “Fresh Paint”
- Sol Festival “Art Sale Extravaganza”
- Amer-I-can / C.S.D.I “When The Paint Flows”.
- Amer-i-can / C.S.D.I art show and auction
- Pico House Gallery
- UCLA B-Boy Summit Art exhibit
- Christie’s Inc. Auction House of Beverly Hills
- Downtown Arts Development Association Art Exhibition
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona “University Union Exhibit Gallery”
- ICU Art Gallery “Wild Wild West”
- Siggraph ’95, Los Angeles.
- Occidental College “Arthur Coons Gallery” Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Gallery 54 “Graff Styles”
Juried Film Festivals
Film Festival Awards
- Los Angeles, California. Graffiti Verite’ documentary series 1, 2 and 3 produced by Bob Bryan, Bryan World Productions 1995 Cine “Golden Eagle” and the “National Educational Media Network’s “The Golden Apple” awards.
- 2000 -: Urbandesignz.com.
- 2000 -: Guerilla One.com
- 1999-: 50 millimeter.com.
- 1996-: Artcrimes.com
- 2011: Malibu California. “KRS-ONE” concert, Live Art Performance on stage.
- 2011: San Antonio Texas. “SHOW-N-PROVE”, Live Art demonstration.
- 2011: Northridge California. “Academic Hip Hop Conference” at Cal State Northridge University, Live Art demonstration.
- 2011: Los Angeles, California. Japanese Museum of Art, Live Aerosol Art Performance
- 2010: El Paso Texas. “Break Yourself” 2nd Annual Graffiti Art Show, Live Painting demonstration.
- 2010: Los Angeles Art Show Convention Center. Live Art Performance.
- 2010: Los Angeles, California. “Earth Day South L.A”. Live Art Performance.
- 2008: Los Angeles, California. “Street Sounds” Music Festival Live Art Performance.
- 2008: Los Angeles, California. Nomad Gallery “Body Language” Live Body Painting Performance.
- 2003: Los Angeles, California Convention Center “Auto Show” Live Art Performance
- 2003: Las Vegas, Nevada. General Motors “Dealer Business Conference” Live Art Performance.
- 2003: Pasadena, California. Pacific Asian Museum “Art Happening with Xu Bing” Live Painting collaboration
- 2003: Los Angeles, California. The Museum of Contemporary Art and The Geffen Contemporary: Live Aerosol Art paint demonstration.
- 1999: Cleveland, Ohio. Rock And Roll Hall of Fame Hip Hop 20 year Anniversary Celebration, Live Painting
- 1999:Miami, Florida. “B-Boy Masters Pro – Am event” Live Painting
- 1997: San Diego, California “B-Boy” Summit” Live Painting
- 1997: Los Angeles, California “Radio Tron” B-Boy event Live Painting
- 1992: Los Angeles Conservation Corps – Human Services Youth Leader: Organized / participated in educational Hip Hop culture event displaying dance, art and music
- 1992: AIDS Project L.A / Public Picture Works: painted a 30ft. by 60ft. Aerosol Art background set with 2 assistant artist for the play “Westside Story”.
- Pasadena, California. Pacific Asian Museum 2003, “Art Happening with Xu Bing” collaboration.
- Smithsonian Institute 1999 “A Day In The West” photograph with west coast Aerosol Artist, DJ’s and Rap Artist
- Cal State University, Northridge 1st Annual Academic Hip Hop conference 2011.
- John Muir Jr. High School Career Day 2010.
- First African Methodist Episcopal Church Certificate Of Recognition for the LaSalle wall mural 1999.
- Young Artist program bus card competition creative contributions to the enrichment of the Metro System 1995.
- Certificate Of Pride from Los Angeles County Task Force to promote self-esteem and social responsibility poster exhibit 1991.
- City Of Los Angeles Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding citizenship and activities enhancing communities from Mayor Tom Bradley 1990.
- U.S.A Member Of Congress Mervyn M. Dymally Certificate of Appreciation to devotion for a better society 1990.
- Los Angeles 10th district California Congress Of Parents and Teachers Art Scholarship Award 1990.
- Midas Touch young entrepreneur program for a prosperous future 1989.
- San Francisco State University lecture on the “Dynamics Of The Aerosol Art Movement” 2011.
- Cal State University, Northridge lecture on “Aerosol Art” 2011.
- Long Beach City College lecture on the “History of Aerosol Art in New York to Los Angeles” 2011.
- Barack Obama Global Preparation Academy lecture on “KING CRE8” journey as an artist 2011.
- In Creative Unity Art Tours with students from Germany discussing Hip Hop culture in Los Angeles 2010.
- OG Huskey Radio guest panelist on the topic “King Cre8” journey in Hip Hop culture 2010.
- Los Angeles Conservation Corps Youth Opportunities High School lecture on “KING CRE8 journey in Hip Hop culture” 2009.
- Southern California Library lecture on “South Central Writes: I Have the Right to” Community Art fest Day 2009.
- Mount St. Mary’s College Center for Cultural Fluency and Education Department present: “Critical Teaching in Action” Conference Program with “KING CRE8” 2008.
- Bresee Foundation for the youth lecture on the “Dynamics Of The Aerosol Art Movement” 2008.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art panelist on the “Art & Message of Graffiti” 2003.
- KPFK 90.7 Pacifica Radio for all of Southern California Morning Show guest panelist on the topic “Graffiti Artist Art and Concerns” 2003.
- Western Community Day School lecture on “The Power Of Hip Hop Culture” 2003.
- Windward School Founder’s Day celebration live demonstration and lecture by “KING CRE8” 2003.
- City Of Los Angeles Art Matters Program with “KING CRE8” lecture and live demonstration 2003.
- Bryan World Productions, Graffiti Verite’ International Graffiti Art Tours of Los Angeles with foreign art students from Japan 2002.
- John Muir Middle School Career Day lecture on “KING CRE8” journey in Hip Hop culture 2002.
- Locke High School lecture on “KING CRE8” journey as an artist 2001.
- “Tha Hip Hop Movement Projex” lecture and live demonstration 2001.
- 1996-2011, Co-Founder and Organizer. “Urban Hieroglyphics” Aerosol Art & Educational show.
- “Graffiti L.A. Street Styles & Art” by Steve Grody, p.133 2007.
- “The History of Los Angeles Graffiti Art” by Robert Alva & Robert Reiling, p.34 – 39 2005.
- “Painting the Towns” Murals Of California by James Prigoff & Robin J. Dunitz p.21 1997.
- The 5th Element magazine Hip Hop, Art & Fashion, p.35 – 42 June 2011.
- LA Weekly “Living Canvas” p.8
- BRAND X “The Most Exciting Part Of The World For Street Art” p.4
- Santa Monica Mirror “Graffiti Permits In Venice”. 2007.
- Westside Chronicle “Venice Graffiti Walls Get New Rules, New Name 2007.
- LOWRIDER ARTE “OPEN AIR GALLERY” 2007.
- Los Angeles Times “A place to make their mark” 2006.
- Cleveland Ohio Plain Press News paper “City Expressionz”
- THE SOURCE “At The Summit” p.64.
- AL Magazine p.83-86 1999:
- Under Ground Fire “CRE8 Rockin The Nation” Winter 1999 p.6-8
- Jointz Los Angeles Subculture “Cre8 creating another masterpiece”.
- RAP PAGES “A Great Day on the Walls” Winter 1999 p.38-39.
- Big Time magazine p.41
- Under Ground Fire “CRE8 Rockin The Nation” winter 1999.
- Sneak Preview music magazine “The History of South Central L.A. Graffiti”.
- Eazyflow “In Creative Unity”
- Big Time magazine p.13
- Wave News Paper “Graffiti Art Maligned By Misconceptions” p.3
- La Banda Elastica “Wild Wild West” Aerosol Art show
- Air Brush art magazine, p 95.
- RAP PAGES special Graf-pages edition “Neglected But Not Forgotten” p 51-53.
- Los Angeles Times “Stars to Come Out for AIDS Benefit” Artist create 30ft x 60ft Graffiti style scenic set for the play West Side Story at Universal Amphitheater.
- Los Angeles Times “Youth Wielding Spray-Paint Cans Learn Difference Between Vandalism and Art” with artist Eric “CRE8” Walker and Xavier Villalobos.
- LaOpinion with artist Eric “CRE8” Walker and Abel Izaguirre.
- Los Angeles Times Parishioners praise peace in L.A. “Conciliatory graffiti outside a club on Western Avenue near Gage in South Central may be a sign of the times”.
- Gardena Valley News, Mural echoes urban style, needs “These kids are talented. Their talent is a resource and it’s constructive.”
News Media / Television
- KNBC News “Graffiti Art” 2011.
- KCET “Life and Times” 1992.
- 2011, Community Corporation of Santa Monica. Art Instructor to middle school / High School students in a after school community center.
- 2004, J.U.I.C.E Hip Hop Community Center. Aerosol Art Instructor teaching, the history of the dynamics of the Aerosol Art movement.
- 2000-2005, L.A’s Best after school enrichment program “Art Instructor & Hip Hop education program” to students from grades K-5.
- 1999, Bresee Youth Center. Graphic Design youth program to teach and provide employment for young people.
- 1999, Normandie Avenue Elementary School “Art Instructor” for after school mural program with grades 3,4 and 5.
- 1992-1993, Los Angeles Conservation Corps – Human Services Youth Leader: Identified and created opportunities for the youth of Los Angeles, Developed/taught an illustration class for a city art project to paint murals through out Los Angeles.
- 1992, Sister Clara Muhammad School “Art Instructor”: Taught basic art lessons to grammar school students, and organized an exhibition of student art.
- 1992, Los Angeles Conservation Corps- Public Art Project Assistant Crew Leader: Supervised a five-man crew involved in a city art program, researched information on historical figures, developed and produced community murals.
- 1997, Certificate for Multi Media: Entrepretech, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1996, Certificate for Visual Communications: Los Angeles Trade-Technical College, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1989, High School Summer Scholarship at “Otis Parsons” School of art and design: Life Drawing with Art Instructor Joseph Gatto.
- Wieden Kennedy Advertising Agency/Public Picture Works: Part of an Illustration team for the creation of a series of billboard advertisements for Nike.
- Movie advertisement in Aerosol art style for Max Payne, Ninja Assassins.
- Corporate mural advertisements for: Reebok “Above The Rim” shoe, Tecate, Lipton Ice Tea, Powerade, SoyJoy, Adult Swim T.V, Dodge, General Motors, Mars Candy, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, We T.V, Greyhound, Nicorette, Perrier, Hornitos, Dibbs bite size Ice Cream, Conart, Spike TV “Order Of The Serpentine”, Show Time TV “Barber Shop” The Series, Metro PCS, Toyota Tundra, Ford Focus, L.A Ink, Verizon “How Sweet The Sound” Step It Up 2, Above The Influence, Starveillance,SHOWTIME Damon Wayans “The Under Ground”, Boost Mobile “Rock Corps”, Gore-tex, Magic Show for booth / company “Player 69” and Obama 08 election mural.
- First A.M.E Church Mural assistant with Bernard Hoyes. Mural title: “In The Spirit Of Contribution”
- Interior mural for the California African American Museum “Rhythms of the Soul 99” Hip Hop mural
- Crenshaw Wall Mural project lead artist. Mural Title: “Our Mighty Contribution”
- Highland Park Mural project assistant with “John Zender Estrada”
- Scenic background painting for the movie: South Central, Hollywood Homicide, Burn Hollywood Burn, Friday After Next, Anchorman, Step It Up 3-D.
- Scenic background painting for the music videos of: Mya, Ginuine and Bow Wow.
- Scenic background painting for 92.3 the beat radio station “Erase The Hate” Summer Jam, MTV Sports and Music Festival
- Exterior collaboration mural with a team of Aerosol Artist for “Dickies” clothing company.
- Coalition Against Police Abuse Live painting mural.
- Venice Beach Pavilion restoration mural project.
- Los Angeles Conservation Corps – Human Services Scholarship Award; Winter 93 Awarded for services to the city of Los Angeles.